G-BDXJ is a Boeing 747-236B
- Casino Royale (2006).
Appears as the 'Skyfleet S570' prototype that Dimitrios' men plan to blow up.
- Top Gear.
Used in a challenge of towing power by the presenters. [N 1]
Built during 1980 as c/n 21831, G-BDXJ made it's first flight on 26 March 1980. Named 'City of Birmingham', the aircraft was delivered to British Airways on 2 May 1980, who operated the aircraft almost without incident[N 2] for 22 years, until it was transferred to European Skybus Ltd on 11 March 2002. Subsequently transferred to Juliette Ltd on 2 June 2004, the aircraft passed to Air Atlanta Europe Ltd on 7 December 2004, who retained ownership until 21 June 2005, due to withdrawal from use.
Acquired by Aces High Ltd on 27 September 2005,[N 3] the aircraft was modified with two mockup engines on each inner pylon, and external fuel tanks on the outer pylons, (somewhat anachronistically resembling a B-52 Stratofortress), to represent the Skyfleet S570 prototype in Casino Royale (2006). This aircraft survives, permanently grounded and repainted plain white, at Dunsfold Aerodrome, England, where all the airfield action was filmed.
- ↑ This aircraft is regularly seen in the background during the track runs filmed at Dunsfold for other episodes.
- ↑ A couple of minor incident reports were filed with the British government's Air Accidents Investigation Branch. One report from 1996 describes a vibration experienced after takeoff due to damage to the wing trailing edge, but the aircraft dumped fuel and made a safe return to the airport. Another incident in 2000 resulted in minor structural damage following a hard landing with the automatic landing system engaged.
- ↑ There is no record of ownership for the intervening period.
- ↑ http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/dft_avsafety_pdf_502011.pdf
- ↑ http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/747/21831,G-BDXJ-Air-Atlanta-Europe.php
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0297.shtml
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=reg&fullregmark=BDXJ
- ↑ http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Skyfleet_S570